How to get ethereum in your metamask wallet and turn it into hex:
Now that you have a metamask wallet, you'll need some ethereum in it in order to acquire and mint your HEX in the Adoption Amplifier
There are many ways to acquire crypto in the world. The easiest way in my opinion is to use a crypto exchange like Gemini or Coinbase. These exchanges will require sensitive information from you which include the following: Name, SSN, Birthday, email address, Government issued ID front and back, and you have to login to your bank in order to link your accounts through their platform. While this may be enough to deter some people, Coinbase and Gemini have been around a long time and have a high number of users using their platforms. That being said, there are ways to acquire ethereum with a credit/debit card through. A simple google search can guide you on how to do this. I won't cover how to do this as, I've never done it.
PURCHASING CRYPTOCURRENCY THROUGH COINBASE AND SENDING IT TO YOUR METAMASK WALLET:
Before I get into how to do send cryptocurrency from a coinbase account, I do want to point out something that I am not a fan of regarding coinbase. After purchasing an amount of cryptocurrency, it can take up to 6 days or longer in order to have the privilege to send the crypto you've purchased out of coinbase. 6 days in the cryptocurrency marketplace can feel like an eternity. This same issue does not exist on an exchange like Gemini, which puts you in control of your crypto pretty quickly. On the flip side, Coinbase offers many more cryptocurencies, and you can actually acquire HEX by purchasing the USDC stable coin instead of ethereum and transferring it to your metamask wallet. USDC is only compatible with uniswap, not the Adoption Amplifier, so keep that in mind. Nonetheless, it is easy to sign up, purchase, and send crypto on these exchanges.
1. Visit Coinbase
2. Set up your account so that you are ready to buy cryptocurrency
3. You can send crypto on the coinbase website through a computer, but I prefer the Coinbase app for the barcode scanner, which makes it simple and far less error prone in terms of sending it to your crypto address, which will likely be something you cant remember and be prone to typos like 0xjvkadjhdgjhsjgkhskjksheg788352837527328374618sjdfjlksjalfj. A barcode is much easier to scan than trying to type in all of that nonsense!
4. After purchasing Ethereum or USDC and waiting until your crypto is permitted to be able to be withdrawn and sent to your metmask wallet, login to your coinbase app and click on Portfolio
5. Select either your ethereum or USDC balance.
6. In the upper right hand corner, you'll see an arrow that looks like a send button. Click that
7. Select how much you would like to send to your metamask wallet.
8. After selecting the amount that you want to send, you'll see a box that pops up that asks for permissions. I've found that it really only requires access to your camera in order to send the ethereum.
9. You'll see a box that says To and Note pop up. You can write the address yourself, or click the little barcode to the right of the "To" box and then go into metamask and select your name tag. You'll see your address as well as a QR code.
10. Take your phone with the coinbase app open and scan the QR code on your metmask wallet on your computer.
11. Double check your wallet address is correct and click send. That's it! You may have to enter in a confirmation code if you have two-factor authentication enabled for security purposes. You now have ethereum to deposit into the AA lobby or you can swap it directly on uniswap!
IF YOU FOUND THIS HELPFUL, PLEASE CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR 10% BONUS HEX IN THE ADOPTION AMPLIFIER THROUGH MY REFERRAL LINK. HAPPY HEXING!